April 12, 2008

Who art thou ...

Scripture has a way of embedding in one's mind and resurfacing when the Holy Spirit is trying to get your attention. Some today say God doesn't speak. My reply is a challenge to read His Word and see if it doesn't speak to them. It is powerful beyond words. There are times when I don't know what to pray and His word fills my mind. There are times when I busy myself in this world and He rebukes me. Every word is with love, Fatherly love which isn't as tender as we want it sometimes.

"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant?" These words came clearly to me tonight. And I was lovingly "put in my place." Questions and conviction filled my heart. Who? How am I judging? My mind reeled over the past hours and days. Many, many sins came to mind. Tears welded up within me and another scripture was my heart's cry "God be merciful to me a sinner."(Luke 18:13) Oh, being washed by the Lord is so rejuvenating, so refreshing and purifying. Upon arriving home, I had to search God's Word for His words I heard tonight. At last, I found them.

Romans 14
4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
10But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.


WOW! Four verses backed with power and conviction and truth. My mind will be "chewing" on these for weeks!

No comments: