November 24, 2009

Give and Take

"....the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away;
blessed be the name of the LORD." Job 1:21

This Thanksgiving is extra special to me. Ten years ago I miscarried my first baby on Thanksgiving Day just weeks after his conception. It was a very difficult time for me not just emotionally, but spiritually. For months, I grieved and floundered in my faith. But the LORD gave me the promise "He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children." Psalm 113:9 I clung to that promise. This week the first fruit of that promise will celebrate his birthday on Thanksgiving day. And just like Hannah of old, He not only gave me a son, but the LORD gave me more than I asked for, three sons!! How I praise HIM for HIS goodness to such a sinner as I. The child He took home, the child I never got to hold and longed for so much, that special child was there to greet my beloved husband. The thought of the two of them being together in Heaven waiting for us is a comfort and a joy to me. Again, the LORD shows me how HE knows the end from the beginning of a matter. And again, I am reminded to simple trust in an all-knowing God who loves me more than I will ever understand!

No comments: