May 09, 2011

Icing on the Cake

I ended up getting the flu on Mother's Day and felt so awful.
Most of today I was lazy, just weak and still feel queasy, stayed in bed as long as I could and sat at the computer a couple hours. I worked on a post about Joseph of Arimathaea that is requiring some research; as well as checking emails and blogs. My parents came out this afternoon and gave me a hand with the house and the boys.


I am glad I am sick now. Otherwise I might not have read a friends email and responded when I did. She is such a healing salve to me and I thank God for her and our treasured friendship. There were many blessings today!


On Mother's Day, our pastor preached on how motherhood is under attack and how sacred it is. Also how when we face hardships, God has great grace to help, we just have to say yes to God's grace.

So as I kept getting more miserable and sicker and longing for my husband to assist with the children, I kept praying arrow prayers, mostly "Help me, Lord." and "Speak to their hearts as their Father."

When I first woke up this morning I was tempted to say "oh, No, Lord" as the storms came and I still wasn't 100%. Then I remembered Preacher and said, "Yes, Lord, I say yes to Your Grace." Then I was able to have one-on-one devotions with each of the boys. It was precious time, as we all slept in and they woke up at different times. Then my parents called to say Mom would be coming between 2pm and 3pm and Dad would be out later. Ah, reinforcements from the Lord:) The rain stopped and the boys went out to play in sunshine and wind. Another blessing. My boys got guy time with Grandpa. I was able to keep my word about setting up the train set in the attic. And I am caught up on alot of housework thanks to my sweet mom. Then to hear my email blessed my grieving friend blessed me too. You could say it was the icing on my cake for the day!

I still don't feel well and am heading back to bed again, but inside is peace and joy! Thank You, JESUS!!

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

No comments: