May 10, 2012

Soaring

Amy Carmichael: "Father, I'm not soaring today. Help me."

God: "Daughter, soaring is not always flying high above the world. Sometimes one is soaring only two feet above the ground, just enough to keep you from getting tangled in the thorns and crashing against the rocks."
====================================================
The other day on the way into town, a beautiful bald eagle soared above us then flew right in front of our vehicle. It ended up flying straight in front of me toward some road kill. We followed it for several seconds, admiring it soaring just 3-4 feet off the ground. Its wings span reached from the edge of the road to across the center line. Suddenly it realized we were behind it so it couldn't stop for lunch, and it flew to the nearby field.

It was one of those breathtaking moments and made me think of the above quote. I have felt that often these past few months. And God never ceases to remind me that He has enough grace to help me through each day, and through Him I can soar even if it is just a few feet above the ground.

No comments: