February 09, 2011

Encouraging Quotes

Some quotes I have in the front of my Bible:

"It is a daily struggle to keep our faith, but God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit has His unbreakable grip on us and none of us will be defeated by this."~unknown fellow griever

"Believe God's word and power more than you believe your own feelings and experiences. Your Rock is Christ, and it's not the Rock which ebbs and flows, but your sea." ~Samuel Rutherford

"To accept widowhood is my 'assignment' for the moment, though hard, is encouraging, because I know I am walking in God's will." ~Anne, fellowgriever

"Those strong aches have to somehow be translated into aches for God." ~Jamie, fellowgriever

"He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds" Psalm 147:3

"I have no business trying to find out where God is leading--the only thing God will explain to me is Himself." ~unknown

"It is God's chief goal is to deepen our relationship with Him." ~unknown

"Prayer doesn't mean my situation will change; but it will change me." ~unknown

"In times of confusion remember these truths: God has a plan; He is in control. God's timing is always perfect. We have nothing to fear. We have much to learn." ~heard on radio from unknown pastor

Be worthy--Today I want my life to be pleasing to Him. Tomorrow I want to keep doing this. I don't know what's coming. I don't know what the cost will be, but I want to be found faithful.

No comments: