May 31, 2012

See-saw

Yesterday in devotions we read Psalm 56. This two verse stood out to me.
Verse 3 "What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee."
Verse 11 "In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me."

God showed me how fear and trusting Him were on opposite ends of a see-saw. When we are afraid, fear is up high, and trust in God is low. Some times that fear can seem so heavy and powerful. It can be difficult to trust in God when it doesn't make sense, when it seems impossible. Faith, even as small as a mustard seed, is all that is needed though. We must push ourselves to trust in God. Fear is then made low, and that powerful fear becomes weak. Then our trust in God is lifted up high. When fear no longer can threaten and bully us, we will be triumphantly trusting the Lord.

No comments: