October 27, 2019

The Club

The club nobody wants to join: Widowhood

It took me a long time to say the word "widow". It was a title thrust upon me when I was 28 yrs. old. 

But I have learned everyone you meet is grieving someone or something.

To my fellow grievers, 
Breathe!
Pain and grief sucks the breath right out of us.
We also try to control our emotions by not breathing deep. 
But we need that oxygen. 
So breathe deep.

And remember though many things demand attention and overwhelm you.
All you got to do is breath.

Please know that that the LORD loves you. You might not feel it. You might feel very alone and forsaken. But know that the LORD is near. He may be silent. But He is near and is very tender towards you during this difficult time of sorrow. 
Talk to HIM. Pour out your heart to HIM. He is listening. HE sees. He understands. He cares.

Take life just one moment at a time. 
One prayer at a time. 
One breath at a time. 
Be gentle with yourself.

And since you stopped by, 
I encourage you to go back to 2008 when I began posting.
It was just 2 yrs after my husband died.  
My heart was still raw and healing was slow.
I think the boys were 7, 4, and 2!!

It has been quite a journey. Many things besides parenting and grief were blogged. 
But the overwhelming theme is this: 
Christ Jesus is Real.
Christ Jesus is very Personal.
Christ Jesus is Enough.

No comments: