January 31, 2009

Precious in His Sight

"Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints." Psalm 116:15


We had an interesting conversation on our way home one night this past month. I had said "The worst day in heaven is better than the best day on earth." My oldest son flipped it around and said, "So that means the worst day on earth is the best day in heaven."



WOW--there is a deep thought. Nothing hurts like a loved one dying and it truly feels like the worst day on earth. But thinking on my son's comment, it is the best day for those we love dearly who are in Christ.



The boys and I are at that emotional time of year, when Daddy died and went to Glory---our worst day and his best. My mind goes back to the morning after Jim's death. I had looked up at the dining room ceiling and realized that the streamers the boys and I had decorated with for his birthday were still hanging there. How thought provoking and my mind imagined another party in heaven ........


As these dates come, I am determined to let myself grieve, three years is long, but not that long compared to the depth of love we shared. AND yet I am going to also focus on Jim's best day the day my Lord put His arms around him and said "Welcome Home!!" And I will smile through the tears....

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Thinking about you and praying for you often!