But God has been working on me and in our lives. Randomly I want to acknowledge His handiwork:
- Providing food and helpers when I was down with a miserable flu
- Protecting Snurr when he dumped hot tea on himself; he never got burned
- Leading me to the right counsel on a matter
- Healing the boys when they had the flu
- Giving me strength and stamina to parent them as they woke up alternately in the night
- Using me to recycle His blessings
- Giving me loving family to encourage and support me
- Giving me friends who listen
- Giving us a church that prays for us, the sweetest words spoken to me after our absence from church due to illness was not "we miss you" or even "how are you", but were excitedly said to me by a 1st grader who said "I have been praying for you!!"
- Having other widows touch my life who understand me in ways others simply cannot
- Teaching me the truth about anger and the power of words
- Growing my children in the areas of repentance, helpfulness, and obedience
- Giving me opportunities to grow in firmness and patience
- Being silent on a matter to teach me to learn to wait on Him and learn to quiet and still my mind from fears
- Reminding me that having my hands full (with 3 boys) is a wonderful blessing, not a burden. A handful of boys is more joy than a handful of gold!!
So you see, life has been very busy and full. Sometimes full of fevers, runny noses, and tears and other times full of laughter, smiles, and joys. But continually full of God's presence on and in our lives.