March 20, 2009

SPRING!!

We are so excited spring is here!! Though today is cooler and cloudy, we know that the long winter is over and new life is sprouting up slowly around us. Since Jim died, winters have seemed hard and long. Emotionally and precipitation wise.



But we take a deep breath and sigh and smile.......spring is here. Resurrection Sunday is just around the corner and it reminds us that new life is just around the corner too. One of the many signs of spring is the butterfly and we reflect back on the Bible that tells us there is an earthly body and a celestial body. We know that Daddy is soaring now and he is out of sight. But someday, maybe soon, Jesus is coming back. And we shall see him again and we shall finally see face to face the One who died so we could have the choice to choose life. New life................

Those words are like sunshine to my soul...................................................

In 1998, my life changed and I recieved new life. The boys love stories, true stories about me and their daddy. And in telling them the truth about our ungodly pasts, I am reminded of how much the Lord has saved me from. And I am ever glad that He is still working on me. Because in the end it wasn't just those sins, it wasn't just from hell, it wasn't even just from separation from Himself that Christ Jesus saved me................it was from myself. We hear it often in the world to promote self, look out for self, take time for self. It was all that self talk that got me into trouble from the beginning. The Bible talks of self dying on the cross and living in Christ. It is when we deny our self and focus on Christ that things fall into place and new life springs up in us. A new life in Christ. It is my prayer that all who browse this blog take away this one thing. It is Christ Jesus that brings new life to everything. (I challenge all of you to read The Greatest Decision You Will Ever Make on the side of this blog)

No comments: