July 07, 2009

Going in Reverse

On a recent trip, we had the adventure of reverse stop working in our SUV. It was rather difficult to back out of our parking spot. With God's Divine help and wisdom, we worked together and pushed it out enough so we could drive out. We finally got it to the shop after a couple days of creative parking/driving. I never realized how often I use reverse.



And all this got me thinking.........I wish my reverse would stop working in my spiritual life. We have all been there when we stop zooming toward God, pass through neutral and start to back away from God. We see the signs in others around us, yet how often have we slipped into neutral without realizing it, and are headed for reverse?



I made this statement to the boys today "There should be no reverse in a Christian's life." We should be zealously zooming toward Him like a Nascar driver.

No comments: