June 26, 2009

Our Great Teacher

I have started again to read the proverb that corresponds with the day of the month. On the 24th, I read Proverbs 24:3 "Through wisdom is a house builded; and by understanding it is established." Years ago I had read this verse and the one following it and shared them with Jim. We then later decided to have them used in our wedding.



That will be ten years ago this fall, and sometimes I feel like a girl staring through a window watching and wondering about the family I see within. I reread this verse again and again. So often I don't feel wise and I feel that I don't understand much at all. Somedays I feel it is all I can do to keep this family from crumbling to the ground.



Jesus is such a Great Teacher. The following day I was reading in Job. And chapter 28, verse 28 was a lightbulb for me: "And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding"



Okay, okay........ so if I use this as a definition for the verse in Proverbs then----- I am taught that through the fear of the LORD is a house (or family) builded; and by departing from evil it is established. Jim had a deep understanding of this. And when I followed his leadership this is how our family was built and established.



This is also the practical plan to keep following. "...fear the LORD and depart from evil" Proverbs 3:7b The same words we taught our children to say and think when the lightning flashes and the thunder rumbles. "Fear the LORD and depart from evil."

No comments: