June 03, 2009

Be Holy

"Be holy, for I am holy" the Lord says in His word. Forever I felt like this was saying be perfect, be without fault. And in my mind I knew it was unattainable. Like always being corrected on every little thing from a pertectionist teacher, I threw up my hands and said "I give up, I'll never do it right." Then a friend gave me a book about holiness. It sat for months on the shelf looking pretty. But I had no desire to read it. Recently when I rearranged the book shelf, curiousity over took fear of condemnation and I took a peak........and continued reading.

Then....... lightbulb!!!! There is more than one explaination for holy. Holy is pure and undefiled, yet it also means special, set apart. I am called to be set apart to God, special. Like the ground Moses stood on, it wasn't pure, it was special,set apart because of God's presence. I have the Spirit of God living in me. That makes me special, set apart because of God's presence. And once again I stand amazed at the truths of God.

I will have to share more as I read more. I just had to share this in case someone else thought it was unattainable to be holy as God calls us to be.

No comments: