November 16, 2009

I Know HE is LORD

It is difficult to describe in words what happened during the morning service this past Sunday. But I will try because if I don't get it down in words, I fear it will be a dream:

The youth leader sang his special about the blood of Calvary speaking for me at the judgement seat. It was an amazing song. Then our pastor approached the pulpit to preach. Just then our assistant pastor asked if he could share something. He gave a short testimony; then Preacher asked if anyone else had anything to share. Then one person after another started sharing ways God has been working in their lives. When the testimonies began to lull, Preacher asked for the song to be sung again. After that another person was called to play and sing song about Through the Blood, more testimonies, then another felt let to sing medley about Gentle Shepherd. My mind gets blurry after this on the order of what happened because the Lord started dealing with me on some issues in my life. There was more testimonies then the congregation sang "It Is Well With My Soul" followed by more sharing. Then Preacher preached a mimi sermon. A couple more testimonies and "Amazing Grace" was sung by the congregation. This all took place over the time period of about 90+ minutes.



I understand better the scripture about our spirit making intercession and praying with utterances and groanings. My tears fell continually: As I shared about my two sons getting complete assurance of salvation this week, as I listened to the words of the song knowing that Jesus is my gentle shepherd, as I pictured Jim's casket getting lowered in the ground and hearing myself sing "It is Well With My Soul", crying out to Jesus on behalf of a friend trying to give her son over to the LORD, singing Amazing Grace that Jim would sing to the boys as a lullabye. Tears...........some were of joy, some of gratitude, some of grief, some for reasons I can't explain. I didn't want the service to end. I felt all snuggled up in my Heavenly Father's arms and I wanted to stay there.

Some would say the spirit of God fell down, others would say it was just emotions. This much I know my cup is full and I can confidently say "and I know that HE is LORD.'

1 comment:

joyful spirit said...

yes, it was definitely our LORD. my sweet prince and I sang Amazing Grace and What a Friend we have in Jesus nightly by our sons bedside. I can still hear our voices blended together. For weeks after he had gone HOME, I would repeat over and over, "it is well, with my soul, it is well, it is well with my soul." God is revealing as I peruse your blog that we have much in common as sisters in Him. God be with you and thank you for sharing how God is working in your life.