December 08, 2009

Watching Out for Children

One child ran one way around our vehicle and the other scampered around the other way. Meanwhile, little Snipp was demanding my attention. I couldn't see the older two boys and cars were zooming around like swarming bees in the grocery store parking lot. I shouted for them to be careful and get in our vehicle. When the neighboring truck cautiously backed out and rolled down his window, I saw the face of my high school Spanish teacher. "It's okay, Christy, I'm watching out for them," he said kindly. As he drove away, God spoke to my heart.

"It's okay, Christine, I'm watching out for them." Every parent I know worries about their children. I think single parents worry more. We know the deep void in our children for the missing parent and we know we can't fill that hole. No one can, only GOD. But God does have a motherly love for our children and He has promised to be the Father to the fatherless. " It's okay; I'm watching out for them." God whispered this promise to me and I take a deep breath of relief. I can't be everywhere and do everything. But my God can!! And He loves these children more than I do. So I try to give Him my worries and cares, and keep pointing these children to the only one that can heal their hurting hearts and fill the empty place in their lives.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hugs to you friend. What a lot to carry by yourself and I'm thankful you know the One who is watching you and your sweet boys.

This is something I've reminded myself of often as I think of the many orphans - alone - needing a family. God loves them and is watching out for them. It doesn't still my longing, but does give me hope.

Thank you for your prayers and encouragment for my broken and battered heart. I'm so very thankful for you Christine!!!

Love
Leslie