August 19, 2011

Hardness vs. Tenderness



Pain can make a person get hard out of self-protection. It is a temptation for any human on this earth, especially those grieving. Tenderness is the opposite. A wise widow shared these verse from God's word about tenderness:






James 5:11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

Ps 25:6
Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.

Ps 40:11
Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.

Ps 51:1
To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

Ps 69:16
Hear me, O LORD; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies.

Ps 77:9
Hath God forgotten to be gracious? hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies? Selah.

Ps 79:8
O remember not against us former iniquities: let thy tender mercies speedily prevent us: for we are brought very low.

Ps 103:4
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

Ps 119:77
Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.

Ps 119:156
Great are thy tender mercies, O LORD: quicken me according to thy judgments.

Ps 145:9
The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

No comments: