August 06, 2011

Love Me Loudly

Just the other night as I was feeling weary, discouraged, and grieving I simply prayed, "Lord, rebuke me gently and love me loudly."

Moments later as I flip to where I have been reading through my Bible I read these words: The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

a little bit later I read this.......for I will turn their mourning into joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice from their sorrow. Jeremiah 31:13b

And this in Jeremiah 31:16a Thus saith the LORD; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the LORD....

Then this in Jeremiah 31:17a And there is hope in thine end, saith the LORD....

Squeezed in was the gently rebuke Jeremiah 31:22a How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter?....

More words of love Jeremiah 31:25 For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.

Jeremiah 31:26 Upon this I awaked, and beheld; and my sleep was sweet unto me.

Sleep, exactly what I was avoiding that night......I laughed as I delighted in how the Lord answers prayers and tonight I read this:

Jeremiah 32:17 Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

No comments: