October 14, 2011

A Couple Good Quotes

This quotes were both emailed to me lately.

"Lamenting is the cry of belief in a good God, a God who has His ear to our hearts, a God who transfigures the ugly into beauty. Complaining is the bitter howl of unbelief in any benevolent God in this moment, a distrust in the love-beat of the Father's heart. True lament is the bold faith that trusts Perfect Love enough to feel and cry authentic."
in One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

"I say that I found peace. I do not say that I was not lonely, I was--terribly. I do not say that I did not grieve. I did--most sorely. But peace of the sort the world cannot give comes, not by the removal of suffering, but in another way--through acceptance."
in Finding Your Way Through Loneliness by Elisabeth Elliot

No comments: