February 15, 2012



When I was first saved, God showed me Matthew 22:37-38 "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment."


I had read the words many times but they finally became so real to me. I remember rereading and rereading those verses. I had always thought "Do onto others as you would have them do unto you" was the greatest commandment.


Those two verses changed my whole thinking about what God thought about my priorities. I remember falling in love with Jesus in a very special way and how that in the months that followed, Jim was drawn back to Christ.


That was over 13 years ago. Recently my pastor preached a sermon on True Worship. My loving Lord rekindled my heart and reminded me again of the greatest commandment--love the Lord with all my heart, and with all my soul, and with all my mind.


As the world around me celebrated Valentine's Day and couples expressed their love to each other, I felt my cup was full. With Jim I experienced the most amazing depth of human love. With Christ, I experience a depth of love that touches every part of my being. I pray, dear reader, you understand what I mean.

No comments: