March 28, 2012

God at Work



Last week Psalm 77: 7-9 seemed so true to me. Sometimes God can seem so silent, that the enemy will try to convince us the Lord isn't at work on our behalf. Then the Lord reminded me of Elijah in 1 Kings 18. Three times Elijah had water dumped on the sacrifice for the Lord before he prayed, crying out to God to show the people He was the true God. Immediately fire fell consuming the sacrifice, the wood, the stones, the dust, and licked up the water in the trench!! God is a consuming fire.


Yet when Elijah prayed for the three year drought to stop and rain to come, the answer wasn't immediate. Elijah prayed and prayed. His servant went and looked six times no sign of God at work. The seventh time the servant said there was a little cloud like a man's hand. Then one verse later the sky became black with clouds, wind and a great rain.


Encouraged again I put on my extra strength knee pads and got busy praying to the God who has power over wind and rain.


Then the next day He did a little miracle. He knew how important to my boys and me this little thing was and in His tenderness He took care of the situation. It is just a reminder to me that God can do anything. And that even in the midst of a sinful and wicked world, He is at work.


Even when He seems silent.

1 comment: