February 06, 2008

Gotcha

A new father scoops up his crying newborn baby. Ackwardly, he holds the wee bundle up to his shoulder and begins walking around the room, gently bouncing with each step. "It's okay. It's okay. Daddy's here. Daddy's here. Daddy's gotcha. Daddy's gotcha." Fastforward a couple years. A toddler sits and rocks his favorite cuddle friend. "It's otay. It's otay. I'm here. I'm here. I gawcha. I gawcha." Speed forward a couple more children, a couple more years. A widow falls to her knees weeping at the memorial site for her husband. She hears his words,"I'm not here. I'm okay. It's okay. God's here. God's got you. It's okay. God is near. God's gotcha!"

1 comment:

rbjhcmama said...

Interceding for you today, sweet friend, and asking the Lord to give you one very tangible blessing that can come only from Him to encourage your heart and remind you of His intimate attention to every detail of your life!

Much love,

Barb