February 12, 2008

His Plans, Not Mine

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Twice in a week I was given this verse. Uh-oh, I thought, and braced myself for something unexpected. God's timing is perfect and I just stand in awe at how it is. I don't often think of God planning for my van to break down, but He does right in front of the home of a brother-in-the-Lord who is a mechanic! I didn't plan on running late out the door Sunday AM, but it was perfect in God's timing as a neighbor who has been trying to get a hold of me stopped by as we headed to our van. If I was on time, according to me, this encounter wouldn't have happened and I would have believed something about this person that wasn't true. I planned on snowplowing once we got home today. But God had other plans. He prompted someone to do the secret deed of plowing out the driveway, so I could write this post instead. I kind of like His plans better, and often wish I knew them in advance. But then that wouldn't require me to walk close to Him and hold His hand, now would it?

No comments: