May 13, 2010

Accountable

Our church's school had their awards program and graduation last night. During the program, Snapp leaned over to me and asked me if I gave an award to him what would it be. I stated it would be the Creative Award. He is always looking at things in a new way and thinking deeply. I later shared that I would give Snipp the Dependable Award because I can count on him to do what I say and help me with things. To little Snurr, I would give the Teachable Award because he has such a thirst for learning and is always wanting to "do school."


Snapp told me this morning that if he could give me a trophy it would be the Burning Heart Award given to those who have a heart that is on fire for the Lord. He went on to say that he would give me the Accountable Award because God can count on me. Too cute! And the Helping Award because I help people. Such sweet compliments from my little man.


It is always interesting to me to see myself through my child's eyes. May I keep my eyes on Christ and be worthy of His reward.

1 comment:

joyful spirit said...

said from a heart of love for his momma