May 25, 2010

Arrows in the Hand of a Mighty Man

Psalm 127:4-5

"As arrows are in the hand of a mighy man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate."

Last week we got out Daddy's bow and arrows. We took turns attempting to shoot feeling like Indians or Jonathans or great hunters.......

We discoverd something interesting. Only three arrows had tips. How appropriate for a man who had three boys.


My mind drifts to an article I read some where
about a father saying how each of his boys was like an arrow. And that there are many kinds of arrows: practice, hunting, war, for show, etc. as I watched my little men attempt to shoot the targets, I wondered what kind of arrow they are and what is God's unique plan for each one. Every once in a while, I get a glimpse of what they might look like or act like as a man. And I see similarities with their dad. Or other male relatives.

Lord, help me to guide them to find their special purpose in Your hands and not compare themselves among themselves. To keep their eyes on You and Your target for their lives.

No comments: