January 25, 2008

The LORD's Hand

Yesterday morning,my devotional sent me to Isaiah 59:1-2 "Behold the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: but your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear." Two things really jumped out at me. One was that God can reach those I feel helpless to reach: distant friends, missionaries across the sea, strangers I had one-time encounters with, a child who won't listen to reason. All these can be reached through prayer. And secondly, my sins can halt that communication. It separates me from God! And that is a scary thing. There is a spiritual war going on, and my sin puts me on the bench. And who likes to sit on the bench? So I run to Jesus, confess and repent, receive his cleansing, and get back in the game.

No comments: