February 08, 2010

Precious Gifts

Prayers from friends and family, words of encouragement,

a hug from my father, thoughtful gifts to encourage a single mom,

a phone call from my sister-in-law, and much more.......

These were precious gifts this time of year. There is one particular gift I want to mention in more detail. It is called a Reunion Heart necklace. It just may be what you or someone you care about needs during this month of love. The poem below came in the case.

Since Heaven has become your home

I sometimes feel I'm so alone;

and though we now are far apart

you hold a big piece of my heart.

I never knew how much I'd grieve


when it was time for you to leave,

or just how much my heart would ache

from that one fragment you would take.

God lets this tender hole remain


reminding me we'll meet again,

and one day all the pain will cease

when He restores the missing piece.

For Jesus heals each tiny part


that holds your memory in my heart.

This tearful heart reminds me of

when He'll unite us in His love.

No comments: