June 10, 2011

Cast

I recently did a word study on the word CAST.

There were several very good verses, but these five touched my heart the most:

Psalms 55:22a Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee…

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Isaiah 38:17b …thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.

Ezekiel 18:31a Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit…

Micah 7:19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.


Life's burdens are so heavy and when I keep carrying them, I can't hold my Jesus' hand. I walk slower and He patiently walks slower by my side. At the beginning of this journey, He told me to cast all my cares upon Him (to put them in His backpack) because He cares for me. Too often I try to carry them alone.....He never intended it that way. He is so much stronger and His shoulders so much broader. Some of my burdens were given to me for the soul purpose of carrying them to Him and talking to Him about them. Asking for Him to move mightily in a particular situation. I had a day here recently when I had five different prayer burdens going on on the same day. They were instense ones. I felt like all day I was transfering burdens from one hand to another and then into Jesus' backpack. This morning I felt like He took one back out and wanted me to carry it for awhile just so we could talk about it more and burden me to have others pray about it.

Another little thought: when I looked up in the dictionary the word cast one definition said unburden, another said exhale. Think about when you lift a heavy object. You take a deep breath, hold it, lift it, maybe grunt and groan, and after it is lifted-- you exhale. Hmmmm!

I never really shared more about the other three verses but I take comfort in them because God has thrown my sin behind Him, tossed them away from me, and pitched them into the deep sea! And all I can say is Amen! and thank You Jesus, thank You!!

No comments: