June 10, 2011

The Cup

Several weeks ago, we were reading through John 18. This part of verse 11 just seized my heart"...the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?"



Later after the boys were sleeping I had to go back and reread that verse again and again.."the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?" As I reread it I could hear trust in my Saviour's words, He trusted His Father, knowing what awful things, painful things would be in that cup. He trusted Him because He knows the Father and never doubted His love. I could hear humility and submission to His Father's will. More over there was the confidence that this way was the absolute best way.



".....shall I not drink it?"





What is in your cup? As I look in my own cup, I see pain and hurts, struggles and failures, heavy burdens and grief.





"...the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?"





Lord, give me the grace to drink the cup You have given me and be merciful please when I hesitate to swallow.

No comments: