June 27, 2011

The Great Intercessor

My dear friend is back in the hospital. As I drove home last night, many emotions tore through me. My children needed me. Yet I longed to be at my friend's side praying. I was missing Jim's protective arms and his words of assurance that all would be okay. These and many other emotions consumed my heart. I couldn't find words to describe them and tears flowed down my cheeks. The God of all comfort was with me though and sustained me. And the LORD reminded me He knows my heart even if I can't discern all that is in it. And He hears the prayers that I can't utter with my lips.

Later as I read our night time devotions, He showed me Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. And I pictured in my mind, Jesus in my friend's hospital room kneeled down in prayer. Oh, Yes, He is ever intercessing.

Later I looked up more verse on interceeding:

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Hebrews 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I'm so sorry that those earthly arms are no longer there to hold you, but I am so encouraged that you continue to take your sorrows to the Lord and wait in HIS arms until you hear and feel an answer. I prayed for you and your friend tonight. May you both be encouraged and strengthened through this trial.