April 18, 2010

Approved

We all know that feeling....you are standing at the checkout and you have swiped your card. You wait for the little "Approved" message to flash on the screen. Most of the time it shows up, but at least once in your life it will say "Denied." Oh, the shock, the embarrassment, the frustration, the anxiety, the fear.....

Recently at the checkout, as the word "Approved" flashed for me and I busied myself with my parcels, a still soft voice whispered to me. "Someday everyone will look at the Creator and await His answer. Approved or denied......."

Oh, the Spirit of Truth is always.........so true:) I praise God that the blood of Christ will speak for me and because it covers my sin I am "approved." For without that blood, I am too vile and sinful to enter and would surely be "denied."

As the old hymn says, "Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing power, Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb, Are you full trusting in His grace this hour, Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?"

It is my prayer for you, dear reader, to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved! So when you stand before the Great Judge, you will be approved.

No comments: