April 26, 2010

Isaiah 43

The last two days I have been mediating and rereading Isaiah 43. There are some beloved verses in it. Verses that speak to my heart. I chose to share just those verses instead of the whole chapter this time. This is some of what the Lord has been "doing" in my life:

Isaiah 43
1But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
Another reminder that God created me, formed me in my mother's womb, called my name, redeemed me, and I am His!!! WOW! When I think of all this, really, why should I fear?

2When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. A well known verse when going through overwhelming times. Again God's promise to be with me!

4Since thou wast precious in my sight.........God views me as precious, His only Son's life was given for me!
5Fear not: for I am with thee.....In case I didn't get it all the other times, God is reminding me again, not to be afraid, He is with me, I am not facing anything alone!

7Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him. I am called a Christian, a child of God, I was created for His glory, not my own, for His. And every work He does in my life, even the things I feel are bad, are for my good and His glory.
.
10Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
12I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.
I am a witness to the world for my God; I have a personal relationship with Him and am chosen to testify of Him. To tell the world there is no other saviour besides Him!

13Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it? There it is again, that verse. I still need to share part 2 on that. Anyway twice in the last week God brought this verse to my attention again. God, the Almighty God, will work. No one can stop Him, not me, not other sinful men, and not the devil.

15I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King. My king, too often I focus on the Lord as my friend (which He is) and neglect to reverance and fear Him as my King.

16Thus saith the LORD, which maketh a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters;
This verse always makes me think of this song: "God can make a way, when there seems to be no way, He works in ways we cannot see, He can make a way for me. He will be my guide, hold me safely to His side, with love and strength for each new day, He can make a way, He can make a way."

19Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. Two thoughts came to me as I read this: First, that God has done a new thing in my life. He took my dreams and hopes for the future and created them into something new. If He had asked my permission to turn my life upside down and take my beloved husband home, I would have shouted No, defiantly in His face. Thankfully, He didn't ask. This new thing, this walk of young widowhood, has been like a walk along a river in the desert. If I wander away from Him, I get very faint and thirsty, my mind gets confused and mirages of lies lure me away from my source of life. But when I stay close to Him, He keeps me refreshed and makes beauty show up in a desolate place. This new thing, has been good for me as He promised (Romans 8:28). The second thought was another chorus, "My Lord know the way through the wilderness, All I have to do is follow...Strength for day is mine all the way, all I have to do is follow.."

25I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. My sins are many, dear reader, as are yours. I don't have to tell you mine, and you don't have to tell me yours. But the God who created us knows our sins, they grieve Him, they must be atoned, they must be paid for....thankfully God sent His only Son, Jesus Christ to come from Heaven to die on the cruel cross for my sins and your sins. Do you accept this wonderful gift of love? Do you believe Jesus was the Son of God and rose from the grave? He is at the right hand of God right now, awaiting all who will repent and call upon Him. Then.....he blots out all our sin by His blood and remembers them no more.....
Wow!
.

No comments: