April 08, 2010

Teachable Moments

My son came to my room this morning. We snuggled as we read his Bible together and discussed his devotional unhurried without having to meet a school bus. Then the talk lead to another teachable moment about how a good leader cannot lead by emotion. My young son and I talked about having our wills lined up with God's will so that our mind and emotions follow instead of our emotions leading our thinking to do our own will. It was a grand discussion that he really seemed to take in and he added to it his own comments and thought-provoking questions. God even used my own tongue to teach me something! (Now I know why my preacher often says he is preaching to himself.) I praise the Lord for His wisdom on my tongue and the teachable moments He gives me with my sons. I miss them somedays, but I am glad I listened to the Holy Spirit's prompting and seized the moment this day.

Deuteronomy 6: 5-7 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

No comments: