April 08, 2010

Isaiah 12

This scripture was words of life to me this week;
I will share my personal thoughts in green.

Isaiah 12

1And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
I know there is much in my life I have done that was not pleasing to the LORD. If we all were honest, we all have done wrong things against God. Lied, stole, been prideful, greedy, lustful, dishonoring to parents, rebellious against authority, loved things or people more than HIM (idolatry), been slothful, angry, ungrateful, revengeful, and just plain old selfish. Proverbs 8: 36a says, "But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul" All that sin that seemed so pleasurable, was really very damaging to me. But I will praise Him for when I cried out to Him in repentance, HE COMFORTED ME!

2Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Amen!! Daily He reminds me I can do nothing good without HIM, He IS my strength, my song, and my salvation.

3Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
Ah, how sweet and refreshing it is to drink.


4And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
This verse really stood out to me. It convicted me that I need to be doing a better job at testifying of His "doings" in my life. I need to be praising the LORD verbally outloud. My kids and others need to see me calling upon His name, not just in times of stress and trouble, but times of peace and joy. I need to be declaring to others what He has been doing in my life this week, even this day. I need to make mention of Him so the name of the LORD is exalted.

5Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth. This reminded me of my life verse Psalm 28:7 "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: Therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth, and with my song will I praise him."

6Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee. Again be verbal with my praise to the LORD and He is in the mist of me....isn't that so true? I have been born again into the family of God and His Holy Spirit is within me. Amazing!

Now you know a little of what HE has been "doing" in my life.




No comments: